Wisdom – Vibration – Repent! I don't know how many times I've listened to this EP! Probably more than ten times! I remember it playing on a loop when Mortuary Drape released it in 2022. Today, there’s no need to introduce the band, their name is known to all. But I’d like to talk about this EP, which I consider to be one of their best releases and an excellent collection of tracks from the current decade. Released on Peaceville Records, the EP is a ritualistic offering from the Italian band.
Well, Wisdom – Vibration – Repent is an EP that doesn't exceed 24 minutes. It features five tracks, including Nightmare Be Thy Name, a brilliant cover of the Mercyful Fate track. The band’s style is evident right from the first track, In a Candle Flame. It’s black death mixed with doom metal (thanks to a very prominent bass ), with a horrific atmosphere. Mortuary Drape, as is his custom, leaves his ritualistic mark all over the record, though this is most audible on Where Everything Falls. As for the mix, I find that the vocals are brought slightly more to the fore, whilst certain sections of the drums (particularly the most violent ones are pushed back a little) even though they remain very audible. The production, however, is clean.
The guitars are sharp, creating a raw composition with heavy tones and bursts of speed at various points. Cutting melodic sections add intensity to the macabre soundscape. Among these melodies is the one on the track All in One Night from 1:33 onwards, a technical solo that picks up speed as the seconds tick by. The drums pound in time with the guitars and are more imposing on the tracks Circle Zero and Where Everything Falls, with a frenzied rhythm and blast beats in certain sections. The vocals oscillate between a high-pitched tone and growls, but remain fairly clear whilst retaining the occult feel for which the band is known. The best vocal performance is on All in One Night, but it is on Circle Zero that the vocals really let loose and become demonic, with more powerful screams.
Among the tracks I enjoyed was Nightmare Be Thy Name of Mercyful Fate, a successful cover in the style of Mortuary Drape. My favourite track is Circle Zero for its perfectly crafted structure, a balance between heavy tones and a fast-paced composition. I particularly liked the section from 2:09 onwards, where the guitar solo launches into a sombre atmosphere. I also enjoyed the ferocious vocal performance at the end of the track Where Everything Falls.
Wisdom – Vibration – Repent is the first of many albums that have been on my review list for quite a while. In fact, I’m going to start reviewing some older albums. Anyways, I think the EP is very well thought out, short and striking, and that it fits right into a style the band has been maintaining for several years now, but which has been lacking attention from enthusiasts of the genre.
![]() |
| More Rating Here |


