Miasmes is another French band emerging from the underground scene. Formed in 2021, the band made a name for themselves locally with their debut EP Vermines, released in 2022, followed by another impressive album entitled Répugnance, released in 2023. I remember discovering the band in early 2025 and immediately liked their direct, violent style. And this year, the band have once again unleashed an album that confirms their vision of the genre, which is ‘no compromise’. The album is titled Violence, blasphème et pourriture and was released via the label Les Acteurs de l’Ombre Productions.
Violence, blasphème et pourriture is a chaotic black metal album from start to finish. The pace never lets up, and the sonic aggression never weakens. Throughout several tracks, the band showcases their Norwegian influences, specifically those drawn from bands such as Gorgoroth and Urgehal. This is most evident on tracks such as Ecorché (it makes me want to go and listen to both bands again). The atmosphere is hellish and evil (this is pure black metal, after all). The mix and production are organic and somewhat clean, whilst retaining an old-school intensity.
The guitars kick off with a fast-paced, direct rhythm, with several rhythm sections where crust/punk influences are evident. The guitar performance is equally showy and captivating on the track such as Possédé. The bass is present in the background and, in several passages, really makes its presence felt. The drums pound relentlessly. The blast beats intensify this hellish pace. The drums reach an even more aggressive intensity on tracks such as Vomi and Horde with frenzied blast beats. The vocals are high-pitched and strident and follow the pure tradition of the genre. They maintain a certain monotony throughout the album, intensifying this sinister atmosphere. The best vocal performance is, in my opinion, on tracks such as Cendres.
Among the moments and tracks I enjoyed was the arrangement on the track Nihil from 1:35 onwards, which exudes an ominous aura. My favourite track is Cendres, with its relentless, hellish pace, as well as its energy and raw atmosphere. I also enjoyed the track Catharsis for its headbanging rhythm section. Then there’s the track Agonie, which sounds like a ritual piece.
Violence, blasphème et pourriture is one of the best releases of recent months. An aggressive album firmly rooted in the pure tradition of black metal. Miasmes continue their rise without compromise. I think all fans of the genre will enjoy this album. For my part, I’ve listened to it two or three times and I’m not likely to forget it. If you’ve listened to it, do let me know what you think by emailing me, I’d be delighted to chat with you.
![]() |
| More Rating Here |


