The metal scene in Poland today is one of the most active and prosperous in the world. Bands have been making music since the 1990s, while others are newer acts that are already making their mark. Among these emerging underground bands is Aborcja, formed in 2022, which released its debut album, Do krzyża abarotem, independently this year.
Do krzyża abarotem is a thrash metal album with a fairly nuanced structure. Some sections are raw, while others are melodic and rhythmic. The tracks are short and the pace never lets up, with tempo changes and increasingly rapid accelerations. The band have also showcased punk influences throughout this album. The mix highlights the vocals and the sharp solos, while the production is organic and truly successful, knowing that all the work was done by the band members themselves (I love this sort of approach).
The guitars are both raw and harmonious, creating captivating melodies. Endless, razor-sharp guitar solos, as heard on Lalkarz and Samosąd. The drums are rhythmic and reflect the aggressive nature of the composition. Blast beats feature prominently, as on Nietuzinkowa afera grabarska from 1:43 onwards. Although the drums are imposing across all the tracks, I find the best performances to be on Lalkarz and Diler jajecznej śmierci.
The vocals are harsh and raw, at times reminiscent of 1980s German thrash metal. It’s a rather aggressive and relentless performance from start to finish. In my opinion, the vocals are at their best on tracks such as Strażnik. I’d also say that the vocals retain a certain monotony, I would have liked to hear higher-pitched vocals in certain passages to break up this monotony.
Among the moments and tracks I enjoyed were the songwriting on Kazamaty and its raw energy. I also liked Ciosy mistrza karata for the subtle transitions between the different sections. My favourite track is Samosąd, with its cutting riff, relentlessly pounding drums and shrill vocals, featuring well-placed tempo changes and transitions. I also enjoyed the sonic avalanche at the end of the track Diler jajecznej śmierci.
For a debut album, the Polish band have really delivered some solid and captivating thrash metal. Combining aggression with melodies, sharp solos and relentless vocals, it’s reminiscent of the genre’s early days. Fans of the style will certainly find something to appreciate in this album. For my part, it was a pleasure to listen to it and write a few words about it.
![]() |
| More Rating Here |


