The first time I listened to Aborym was back in 2005. I was very young and was looking for new bands to discover by going through the alphabet. I immediately liked their sound, even though I’ve never been a fan of industrial metal. After that, each of their releases was a new experience and, I won’t deny it, not all of them were particularly catchy. But this year, the band is making a big comeback with their new album, Metachaos, released via the Avantgarde Music label.
Indeed, with Metachaos, the Italian band delivers an album of blackened industrial metal. It features fast-paced sections and instrumental outbursts, as well as chaotic transitions that occur without warning, while others build up progressively. However, the album also contains heavier moments, particularly in passages featuring synthesisers and electronic sounds. The atmosphere is disturbing and macabre, which is particularly evident on tracks such as Enshrined in Putrefaction. The production is modern and clear, allowing the instruments to breathe.
The guitars are tight and flow naturally over an accelerated rhythm, blending melodies across several sections, such as those found on Creatures of the Night and Altar of the Lacerated. The bass is certainly not lacking, it features prominently in the soundscape, providing impact and creating a heavy sonic depth. The drums are rhythmic and give an almost robotic impression. They keep pace and explode into precise blast beats. I think the drums reach their peak on Enshrined in Putrefaction and The Crescendo of Demise. The shrill, diabolical vocals add a nightmarish layer to the compositions. This is one of the elements of the album I enjoyed the most. The vocals are at their best on tracks such as The Afterlife and Altar of the Lacerated.
Among the moments and tracks I enjoyed is the section from 2:02 onwards on Metachaos. The Afterlife is a cornerstone track on the album, combining aggressive vocals, intense instrumentals and captivating melodies. I loved the atmosphere that builds from 1:58, with a sense of distress that intensifies from 4:17, giving rise to an almost suicidal feel, accompanied by sinister whispers (a truly striking moment). I also enjoyed the anguished scream on Satiate with My Sperm from 2:41 onwards, accompanied by repetitive, hypnotic melodic patterns.
So, I think that with Metachaos, Aborym are making a big comeback and returning once again to the aggression and chaos that characterised their early albums. I really enjoyed this album. It’s well thought-out and well-crafted. I think many people who share my tastes won’t be disappointed by it: aggressive industrial black metal, melodies, and a macabre atmosphere. It’s got everything to satisfy worshippers of the genre.
![]() |
| More Rating Here |


